Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fern Feet *Edited*


I'm still on the slipper jag, even though I should be knitting on my Red Licorice sweater sleeve. I am knitting on it, I am, aiming for at least 8 rows a day, but I can't resist quick knits. I promise to "sleeve" while I watch TV after supper. Cross my heart.

These are made with this pattern and Patons Rumor, which is evidently discontinued because it's not on the Patons site. Too bad, because it's nice acrylic and alpaca yarn. The only change I made to the pattern was I used US 11 straight needles for the first 18 rows so the stitches stay on the needle and don't sproing off the recommended US 11 DPNs.

*I decided to give these to Mom for Mother's Day anyway. She'll figure out a way to get them on, I'm certain. And I had the idea of whipping up a pair for each of my roomies at writing camp in Sept. so I'll have to make a few more pairs. Aw, too bad.

No comments: