Thursday, April 10, 2008

Monday? Oh Wait, It's Thursday.

This is what happens when you take a day off mid-week to hang with your groom-to-be son for a couple days before all that "mature adult real life" stuff happens next month. I have to face it, my baby David's grown up (he'll be 30 in November) and I'm not his best girl anymore--and it would be wrong (and more than a little creepy) for me to be that at this late date. We lovelovelove his bride (hi, Abby) and think they're going to have such a fun and adventurous life together. All you mothers of sons out there should be so lucky if your son finds a girl like our Abby. She's funny and down to earth and an absolutely fabulous cook and, best of all, she thinks our son is wonderful. Since we do too, she fits right in. Anyway, when you take an extra day off you lose track of the days and are lucky you caught it early enough that you don't stay at work an extra hour and miss knitting with the ladies at Patti's. It would be bad to miss knitting night.



Real knitting content next!

I've been working on my Accidental Sock pretty regularly (it was a big help during my surprise root canal on Tuesday) but the yarn's so skinny and the needles are too. I knit and knit and don't get very far and get a little discouraged. I hoped that making the April KAL dishcloth would help, and it did a bit but not enough. For some reason I'm not quite ready to cast on the next sweater piece so I'm left with...nothing else to knit. *gasp*


Mary was knitting on a house sock last week and said it's really easy. I have the book with the pattern but didn't have any bulky/chunky yarn that I wanted to use for them. Solved that problem by going to Patti's after my haircut yesterday, mostly to show off David who I talk about incessantly (I talk about you too, Ann, but they hadn't met/seen David. Sadly Dorothy & Iris weren't there so David didn't get the full treatment, but it was spur of the moment. And don't think you won't get dragged in there one day, Abby. I'm just waiting for my chance to show you off too), but also to buy some chunky yarn (it's color #7128). Then of course I had to cast them on last night. Got the cuff done and I'm zooming through the heel flap. Knitting sock-like items is even better with thicker yarn and bigger needles!

1 comment:

Abby&David said...

Barbara -
I love love love being part of your family. Thanks so much for sharing David with me, he is the most incredible person I've ever met.
Lots of love
Abby