Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Productive Week


I suddenly realized when it started to get darned cold the other day that the holidays are fast approaching. (So that's why all the stores have those lighted trees!) Which means if anyone's getting a yarn-ish gift, I need to get moving. Fortunately, I'm not foolish enough to think that a rank amateur knitter has any chance of being able to make something knitted for everyone, but there might be a few wooly items under the tree.

Here's a line-up of projects that floated to the top of the heap this week:

1) I spent some time at Patti's Yarn Shop yesterday looking for help to figure out how to make the decrease section match the increase one. No similar pattern was found but Patti said, "You just have to do the opposite of the increases" and that made sense, so after knitting and frogging the same one inch of scarf about a dozen times, I finally got it and finished the 2nd bias scarf last night. Yay, me!

2) I finished crocheting the tote bag for my second felting project. I'll get that into hot water later today or tomorrow.

3) and I've been slowly working on those
girl and boy hats. Twenty five rows of 4x4 ribbing takes a while to knit, but I'm past halfway and determined to get to the stockinette stitch part soon.

I'm on my way out to try and get the
last of the leaves to stay piled up at the curb for the leaf guys to pick up before the real winter comes. Wish me luck!

No comments: